The cultural metropolis of Düsseldorf is one of the most important economic centres and transport hubs in Germany. Not only numerous internationally significant companies, the location in the heart of Europe, and excellent infrastructure, but also intelligent, high-performance logistics cause the region around NRW’s state capital to flourish. DCH Düsseldorfer Container-Hafen GmbH has played a big part in this.
Our trimodal terminal in Düsseldorf is located on the point of intersection of the east-west and north-south connections of the region. It is ideally connected to the rail network and regular shipping operations to the coastal metropolises to allow even large container numbers to be transported on schedule.
Our main customers include leading companies from the chemical and automobile industry. For these sectors, and many other sectors too, we combine the highest degree of flexibility and dynamics with economic and environmentally-friendly logistics services.
We are consistent in our route towards carbon dioxide reductions. In this way, we have already implemented electric power columns for our own fleet of cars as well as the private cars of our employees as part of our gradual switch to electromobility.
Up to date, with growing competence.
Generous capacities, high degree of planning certainty – for all sectors
The DCH container terminal represents intelligent and fast handling without a hitch.
The spacious terminal with its modern equipment allows inland barges, trains and heavy-goods vehicles to be managed separately and parallel to one another. Spacious quay facilities and railway tracks offer sufficient space to load and unload several ships and trains at the same time. Of course, our extensive outdoor depot also allows the intermediate storage of hazardous goods, based on transport requirements.
Our container handling operations are characterised by efficiency and professional routine. 50 experienced employees work to ensure that the mobile transport units are loaded, unloaded and stored quickly and in parallel. The fully asphalted surface of the depot also ensures that heavy machinery can be manoeuvred without difficulty. Specially developed software ensures efficient, cheap processing in all areas.
An overview of our technical equipment
- Handling systems: 3 container cranes with maximum 50 t lifting capacity
- Floor-based conveyors: 3 reach stackers up to 45 tons
- 2 terminal towing vehicles/terminal trucks to service the surrounding customer companies directly without using heavy-goods vehicles
- 14 container trailers for 20‘, 40‘ and 45‘ containers for placement on the loading and unloading ramps of our customers
- 1 container stacker up to 18 tons
- 10 concrete tanks for transport-related storage of hazardous goods
- 1 mobile salvage tank for damaged containers with liquids
- 8 refrigerated container connections for 400V / 32A / 50Hz
- Container repair shop with 12 x 20’ work bays
- Maintenance and repair of containers according to IICL standards
- 70,000 m² open-air storage area
- Water: quay length 600 m
- Rail: track length 2 x 400 metres
- Road: motorway access (A46, A3, A44, A52, A57, A59)
Data & Facts
DCH Düsseldorfer Container-Terminal GmbH
Commercial register entry
HRB 25946 Local court of Düsseldorf
DB Intermodal Services GmbH (51%)
CTS Container-Terminal GmbH, Rhein-See-Land-Service (49%)
Dirk Meyer, Oliver Grossmann
Employees in 12/2019 50
Plus apprentices 3
Total 70.000 m²